5. Lottery Tickets
All tickets in a small society lottery must state:
- the name of the society who is running the lottery
- the price of the ticket
- the name and address of the member of the society responsible for the promotion of the lottery
- the date of the draw, or the means by which the date may be determined
Sale of tickets
- Lottery tickets must not be sold to anyone in a street. Tickets may be sold by a person in a kiosk or from a shop premises in a street, or from door to door.
- Lottery tickets must not be sold to, or by, anyone under the age of 16
- to minimise the risk of fraud, societies should adopt one or more of the following measures when sending unsolicited mailings of lottery tickets:
- prohibit the unsolicited mailing of lottery tickets to non members of the promoting society
- limit the value of tickets sent to any one address which is not a member of the promoting society to £20
- maintain records of tickets distributed and not returned.