Please read our information about occasional use notices before you apply.

How to apply

If you want to allow betting on a track for up to eight days a calendar year you can apply for an occasional use notice.

All you'll need to do is fill in a notice and send one copy to us and one copy to the police

We'll need to know:

  • your details
  • information about the premises
  • the nature, dates and times of the event
  • if there have been any previous occasional use notices at the premises


You'll need to hold a relevant operating licence issued by the gambling commission to be able to apply. 

An occasional use notice can only be used for a maximum of eight days or less in any one calendar year in one location.


There is no fee for an occasional use notice.