10. General information
- The grant of a street trading consent does not confer any other consent, permission or licence that may be required in order to carry out the activity. Applicants will need to satisfy themselves that they have all necessary authorisations in place to trade and the landowner’s permission. Other regimes that may be relevant include planning and licensing (e.g. sale of hot food or alcohol).
- The Council will not grant a street trading consent to persons under the age of 17 years.
- The consent granted is specific to the person it is issued to and is non-transferable.
- Consent holders should allow access to authorised officers of the Council and Police Officers at all reasonable times. Council officers will carry with them and produce on request official identity cards issued by East Devon District Council. If you have any doubts about a person claiming to be from East Devon District Council ask to see their official identification card. If you remain uncertain please contact the Council on 01395 516551 to confirm the identity of an employee.
- Wherever possible food traders will be expected to use biodegradable materials in connection with the packaging of food served to members of the public and should not rely on single use plastics wherever practicable.