Only three weeks left to book your place on Working Together for the future of East Devon 2018 conference taking place in Sidmouth
Voluntary organisations and community groups, as well as Town and Parish Councils from across East Devon only have three weeks left (until 14 September) to book their places on the district council's FREE annual Working Together for the Future of East Devon 2018 event, which is taking place on Friday 28 September from 9.30am to 2.30 pm at Knowle in Sidmouth.
The event aims to bring local agencies together to improve communications between the voluntary and statutory sectors. Voluntary organisations are vital for our residents and the quality of life in East Devon.
There will be knowledgeable speakers on a variety of useful topics. Speakers include among others:
• Adel Jones, Integration Director for the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
• Representatives from Light Up Axminster, an Axminster based voluntary group, will talk to attendees about how they have become such a successful organisation.
• Jenny Fish from the Big Lottery Fund in the South West will update attendees on brand new rules and guidance for funding applications to Big Lottery and Awards for All.
• Ann Rhys, Assistant Director of Nursing for Hospiscare will talk about how and why Hospiscare is providing more services to people in their own homes.
• Action East Devon, as part of the local Council for Voluntary Service, will talk about crowdfunding as a good new way for voluntary and community groups to get funding. Delegates will also have the opportunity to network with each other and make valuable links with other East Devon groups.
The conference is free, but people attending the conference are asked to bring with them items of non-perishable food, such as packets of dried food or tinned goods, which will be collected by Seaton Foodbank and later handed out to needy families in the area.
Places are limited to one per organisation/group and must be booked in advance. To find out more or book your place please e-mail email@example.com or phone (01395) 517569 with your name and contact details and the name of the organisation you are representing before 14 September 2018.
Councillor Jill Elson, Portfolio holder for Sustainable Homes and Communities at East Devon District Council who is hosting the event said:
I am well aware how more professional Charities have to be due to legislation, and most importantly how vital volunteers are for many residents within East Devon.
Cllr Elson is a volunteer, who founded the Exmouth and District Community Transport Group, school Governor of Exmouth Community College and a volunteer with Exmouth Lympstone Hospiscare.