Hurry now and book your place on free crafts/fitness/wellbeing/community events and activities being run by East Devon District Council and Honiton Town Council
Places at events and activities during #inhoniton events week (25-31 May 2019) are being snapped up fast, so residents are being reminded to book now while there is still some availability! All the events are free and offer a great chance to meet try new experiences, as well as meeting staff from East Devon District Council.
#inhoniton events week is a celebration of Honiton’s wonderful parks, nature reserves, arts, community and fitness centres, which are supported by East Devon District Council.
It’s a great opportunity to try new experiences, including fun arts, crafts, health and fitness themed activities. The week-long programme kicks off in grand style with a garden party at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery on Saturday 25 May at 5.30pm.
It continues at different venues across the town with horticultural talks, creative workshops, nature walks, fitness classes, circus skills, wellbeing courses and a Dragons Den style community funding event, all of which are free. The week concludes with a free big screen film event at Allhallows play area on Friday 31 May, showing Christopher Robin* (*Subject to licence).
Honiton Events Week is the first phase of a new initiative called #inhoniton, which aims to provide further development and support for Honiton’s amazing parks/gardens/nature reserves, arts and leisure venues.
- Saturday 25 May, 5.30pm #inhoniton launch/Garden Party, Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Monday 27 May, 9.30-11.30am Nature Walk Knapp Copse
- Monday 27 May, 2-3pm Learn how East Devon’s parks are managed, East Devon Business Centre
- Tuesday 28 May, 7am-8.30pmTaster gym/exercise classes LED Honiton Leisure Centre
- Tuesday 28 May, 10am-12pm Circus Skills, outside Honiton Family Church
- Tuesday 28 May, 11m-3pm Drop-in family paper sculpture workshop, Thelma Hulbert
- Tuesday 28 May, 11am-2pm BBQ Masterclass Offwell Woods
- Tuesday 28 May, 11am-3pm Family storytelling workshop Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Wednesday 29 May, 10am-3pm Honiton Bottom Family Wildlife Day
- Wednesday 29 May, 10.30am-12pm Woolly Wednesday Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Wednesday 29 May , 1.30-3pm Early Years Creative Session Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Wednesday 29 May, 2-4pm Honiton Dragons event Beehive
- Thursday 30 May, 7am-7pmTaster gym/exercise classes LED Honiton Leisure Centre
- Thursday 30 May, 10am-11am Honiton Waggy Walk Honiton Bottom
- Thursday 30 May, 11am-2pm Go Wild in Honiton – nature activities at the Beehive
- Thursday 30 May, 11am-3pm Felting workshop Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Thursday 30 May, 11am-12.30pm Ways2Wellbeing event LED Honiton Leisure Centre
- Thursday 30 May, 2-3pm Wow with a windowbox, East Devon Business Centre
- Thursday 30 May, 2-4pm Tour of the Glen, Honiton
- Friday 31 May, 10am-1pm Gittisham Hill Heritage walk
- Friday 31 May, 10.30am-1pm Mindfulness for Depression Course, Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- Friday 31 May, 6-8pm Outdoor Cinema Screening of Christopher Robin, Allhallows play area
All the events are listed on the East Devon website and include contact and booking details for anyone requiring further information or wanting to make a booking. Some events do not require booking.
A number of events can be booked via Eventbrite – the links can be found in the Honiton Events Week listings on the East Devon website.
Mark Williams, East Devon District Council’s Chief Executive said:
“We are looking forward to delivering #inhoniton events week and to meeting Honiton’s local community. The events week is a great way to discover more about the town, its cultural offer and the wonderful parks and gardens, which are free for people to access. We would also like to hear what people feel about Honiton’s green spaces and what they have to offer.”
Mark Tredwin, Town Clerk, Honiton Town Council, said:
“Honiton Town Council is pleased to welcome East Devon District Council coming to the town. Having worked collaboratively with them over the past years it is hoped that there will be many more joint events and activities here in the town jointly organised and promoted by the two councils. We have a busy town that we hope will buzz all year round.”