Simon Jupp succeeds long-standing Conservative MP Sir Hugo Swire who stood down in September
Conservative Simon Jupp has been elected at the MP for East Devon, winning the seat with a majority of 6,708. He won the poll with 32,577 votes.
Mr Jupp succeeds former Conservative MP Sir Hugo Swire who stood down in September after serving more than 18 years and winning five consecutive East Devon Parliamentary elections.
The election results for East Devon were declared at 4.50am today (Fri Dec 13) by Acting Returning Officer Mark Williams.
Six candidates contested the East Devon seat. The results are:
• Peter H Faithfull, Independent: 275
• Henry F Gent, Green Party: 711
• Simon J Jupp, the Conservative Party Candidate: 32,577 Elected
• Eleanor A C Rylance, Liberal Democrats – To stop Brexit: 1,771
• Dan Wilson, the Labour Party Candidate: 2,870
• Claire L Wright, Independent: 25,869
The East Devon election turnout was 73.6% a slight increase on the turnout for the last General Election in 2017. A total of 64,223 ballot papers were issued and there were 150 rejected ballot papers.