Sports pitches are available for hire at Byes Lane, Sidford and Withycombe Common, Exmouth, changing rooms can also be provided at these sites.
Football pitches can be booked for a single match or for a whole or half season, on a first-come, first-served basis. They are open to hire between September and April.
Withycombe Common pitches are open to hire for cricket between June and August.
2022/2023 Season Charges
For the football season the charges are:
- A full season (maximum 36 matches) will cost £975
- A half season (maximum 18 matches) will cost £589
- Individual games - weekends will cost £65
- Individual games - weekdays will cost £62
Cricket will be charged at:
- £54 per match
- £36 for changing room hire
Please note VAT is charged on the first nine games, ten games and over are exempt.
For any queries or to book either pitch please call 01404 515616, or alternatively you can also email us at email@example.com
There are no restrictions on how many people can take part in sport and physical activity, or on the activities they can do. However, it is recommended that you consider your own health and circumstances (for example, if you are not yet double-vaccinated or if you live with somebody vulnerable), so that you can make an informed choice about whether you wish to participate.
Before attending any sporting activities, all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators should self-assess for symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms you should order a PCR test. You are advised to stay at home, avoid contact with other people, and follow the guidance for people with COVID-19 and their contacts while you wait for your test result.
People who test positive for COVID-19, and contacts who are not fully vaccinated, are no longer legally required to self-isolate. People who test positive for COVID-19 should continue to stay at home and avoid contact with other people. Fully vaccinated contacts of people who test positive for COVID-19 are no longer advised to test for 7 days.
Take part safely
- You should continue to follow any relevant advice from your NGB or sport provider on how to participate safely in your sport or activity. This may set out different ways to organise matches or tournaments, or measures you should follow like regular breaks to sanitise the ball or other equipment.
- You should continue to follow good hygiene practices, to reduce the risk of transmission in sport environments. For example, you should not spit or rinse out your mouth on or around the playing area.
- You should avoid sharing water bottles or other refreshment containers. Where possible, you should take your own drink, in a labelled or highly distinguishable container.
- You should avoid sharing equipment where possible and practical, particularly equipment which is used around the head and face (such as masks and helmets). If equipment needs to be shared, it should be cleaned between users, where possible.
- People are not legally required to wear face coverings, but it is recommended that you wear one when you are in a crowded and enclosed setting where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet when rates of transmission are high. People should not generally wear face coverings while taking part in sport or other strenuous activities, unless advised to do so by a doctor however, you may wish to put on a face covering before or after your sporting activity, for example if you are in a crowded indoor facility.
For further information, teams should refer to their start of season letter and terms and conditions or visit Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) measures for grassroots sport participants, providers and facility operators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of booking a pitch. Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes. Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary. There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed here.