Sports pitches are available for hire at Byes Lane, Sidford and Withycombe Common, Exmouth, changing rooms can also be provided at these sites.
Football pitches can be booked for a single match or for a whole or half season, on a first-come, first-served basis. They are open to hire between September and April.
Withycombe Common pitches are open to hire for cricket between June and August.
2021/2022 Season Charges
For the football season the charges are:
- A full season (maximum 36 matches) will cost £975
- A half season (maximum 18 matches) will cost £589
- Individual games - weekends will cost £65
- Individual games - weekdays will cost £62
Cricket will be charged at:
- £54 per match
- £33 for changing room hire
Please note VAT is charged on the first nine games, ten games and over are exempt.
For any queries or to book either pitch please call 01404 515616, or alternatively you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
There are no restrictions on how many people can take part in sport and physical activity, or on the activities they can do. However, it is recommended that you consider your own health and circumstances (for example, if you are not yet double-vaccinated or if you live with somebody vulnerable), so that you can make an informed choice about whether you wish to participate.
Before attending any sporting activities, all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators should self-assess for symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These are:
· a high temperature
· a new, continuous cough
· a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
If you, or anyone you live with, have one or more of these symptoms you should not attend any sporting activity, even if your symptoms are mild. You should follow NHS guidance on testing and self-isolation.
If you have been informed that you need to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace (or are required to self-isolate in relation to travel), you must do so. You should not leave your isolation location in order to participate in sport and physical activity. You can find more information in the NHS guidance on how to self-isolate. You must also self-isolate if you or someone in your household has had a positive COVID-19 result.
QR codes are present at East Devon Sports pitches. Although no longer required by law, checking into a venue supports NHS Test and Trace and helps to reduce the spread of the virus.
Take part safely
· You should continue to follow any relevant advice from your NGB or sport provider on how to participate safely in your sport or activity. This may set out different ways to organise matches or tournaments, or measures you should follow like regular breaks to sanitise the ball or other equipment.
· You should continue to follow good hygiene practices, to reduce the risk of transmission in sport environments. For example, you should not spit or rinse out your mouth on or around the playing area.
· You should avoid sharing water bottles or other refreshment containers. Where possible, you should take your own drink, in a labelled or highly distinguishable container.
· Face coverings are no longer required by law, but the government expects and recommends that people should continue to wear them in crowded and enclosed settings, to protect themselves and others. Where worn correctly, this can reduce the risk of transmission. For example, you may wish to put on a face covering after your sporting activity if you are in a crowded indoor facility, but you don’t have to wear one during sport. People should not generally wear a face covering while taking part in any strenuous activity or sport, unless advised to do so by a doctor.
· You should avoid sharing equipment where possible and practical, particularly equipment which is used around the head and face (such as masks and helmets). If equipment needs to be shared, it should be cleaned between users, where possible.
For further information, please visit Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) measures for grassroots sport participants, providers and facility operators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of booking a pitch. Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes. Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary. There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed here.