As a Council, we are committed to helping more people to be and stay healthy in East Devon and are proud of the variety of fitness classes already being offered in our green spaces across the district.
Fitness businesses or event organisers wanting to host classes in our parks and open spaces are asked to apply to the Events Team and gain permission. The council will issue a Fitness Licence and fees will be charged based on the type of class hosted and the frequency of the classes; this fee helps to support the administration costs and the maintenance of our green spaces used by those groups, for the benefit of all park users.
Applying for a Fitness Licence
To apply for the licence, you will need to provide:
- An application form
- A full risk assessment
- A copy of your public liability insurance, with a minimum of £5 million cover (£10m for water sports)
- Read and sign our Conditions of Hire
In your application you will need to state:
- The location/s you wish to use (including a marked up site plan)
- The days of the week of your sessions
- The timings
- The approximate size of your group
- A list of any equipment that will be used in the class.
Our licenses are offered on a strictly first come first serve basis, to avoid over booking and overuse of our land.
Fees and Charges (2022/23)
Admin fee - £40 per application
Registered Charity/ Social Enterprise - Admin fee only
Fitness sessions 1 to 2 times per week - £250 per annum
Fitness sessions 3 to 4 times per week - £300 per annum
Fitness sessions 5 plus times per week - £400 per annum