Guide Organise an event on council land

Show all parts of this guide

3. How to book an event on our land

To hold an event in a  bandstand, or in one of our open spaces, you'll need to complete one of our downloadable application forms and return it to

We consider applications for all types of events, including carnivals, markets, fundraisers, concerts, theatre productions, commercial events, sporting events and much more.

The forms will prompt you to think about all aspects of event management and inform you of any additional procedures you need to carry out to protect yourself and to ensure a safe and legal event.

All events will be assessed on the details given in the application form so it’s important that you give us as much information as possible. If you are unsure on the best location for your event have a look through the, 'Guide to our event spaces' for more information or get in touch with us at

Please Note: Roads in East Devon are owned by Devon County Council Highways (DCC). Any events requiring road closures in East Devon should contact DCC directly for permission on:  0345 155 1004.

Find out about our Privacy Notices and how we will use information about you