East Devon has made the decision to open our parks, as per government advice.
What you can and cannot do when using East Devon's parks
New guidance that will come into play from Wednesday, May 13 will allow people to:
- spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
- meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
- exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
Full guidance can be found on GOV.UK.
Devon and Cornwall Police's website has a useful list of COVID-19 frequently asked questions, which are well worth referring to for further guidance.
- exercise in an indoor sports court, gym or leisure centre, or go swimming in a public pool
- use an outdoor gym or playground
- gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household), except for a few specific exceptions set out in law (for work, funerals, house moves, supporting the vulnerable, in emergencies and to fulfil legal obligations)
- have gatherings
- have picnics
Don't go to a park if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). Stay at home and self-isolate.
Closed parks and facilities
Following the official government guidance to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) we have temporarily closed some parks and facilities.
These temporary closures include:
- All Play Parks
- All outside gyms