From 4 January 2024, we will no longer provide a local land charges search service.
After this date, our Local Land Charges Register will have migrated to HM Land Registry’s national register. You will be able to access a new digital service through Portal, Business Gateway and on HM Land Registry’s GOV.UK pages.
East Devon District Council will continue to provide replies to Con29 enquiries.
It is important to remember to only submit the required fee of £81 (inc vat) when submitting a CON29 enquiry to us after 4 January 2024
For more information visit GOV.UK.
You can submit your search online via any number of online search companies, some of which are listed below:
- NLIS (National Land Information Service) hub
- Index Property Information
- Legal Linx
- Big Property Data
Submit the relevant forms and plan of the area you wish to search and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt we will validate your request and then return an email with our bank details and unique ref number to use for bacs payment.
To submit a paper search we will require the following forms:
- 1 x Con29 (2016 Edition)
- 1x Con29O (2016 (if required)0
- The correct fee (payable to East Devon District Council)
- These are Ministry of Justice forms and can only be obtained either through a solicitor or a legal stationers and are copyright protected by the Law Society.