You may need to apply for advertisement consent to display an advertisement bigger than 0.3 square metres (or any size if illuminated) on the front of, or outside, your property (be it a house or business premises).

This guide aims to explain to those wanting to display an outdoor advertisement how the system of advertisement control works in England.

The booklet is arranged in separate sections and there are numerous illustrations which may show you how the system affects the type of advertisement you want to display.

Before you apply, have you:

  • checked if you need planning permission for the work you want to do?
  • found out what you need to supply with an application form?
  • understood how much it will cost?
  • Read the guidance notes for the completion of your application?
  • You can download and complete the paper form by going to: Paper forms