The purpose of the GESP is to:
- Have a joined-up vision and aspirations for the area
- Meet the area’s housing needs in the right locations
- Secure economic growth and increased prosperity
- Provide transport and infrastructure improvements needed to support sustainable growth
- Conserve and enhance the area’s environment
For further information please go to the GESP website.
The Greater Exeter Strategic Plan timetable:
- Issues Consultation – February 2017 (completed)
- Draft policies and site options - June 2019 (Now under review)
- Draft Plan Consultation – November 2019 (Now under review)
- Publication (Proposed Submission) – February 2021
- Submission – July 2021
- Hearings – September 2021
- Adoption – April 2022
Following the local elections in May 2019, the Local Planning Authorities are taking stock of the progress made on the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan. This means that a review of the timetable is likely to be needed. More information will be provided here during the summer of 2019.