The planning department works in accordance with the following working practices unless we believe that there are exceptional circumstances that justify a different approach on a particular application:
- Not entering into negotiation on applications that could go beyond the determination date unless there is agreement to a suitable extension of time;
- Not negotiating on applications where:
- A proposal is unacceptable in principle;
- There is an objection from a statutory consultee (e.g. EA, Highways England, Historic England, Sport England);
- Where further marketing or wildlife surveys are required;
- Where the extent of negotiation would result in a fundamentally different proposal in our opinion;
- Where not in accordance with pre-application advice.
- Not accepting the submission of unsolicited plans;
- Only accepting amendments to an application that are submitted as a single package;
- Limiting the number of amendments on an application to 1 set and 1 further round of consultation.