You will need to use this form to do the following:
- Name/number a new building
- Sub-divide or convert existing building(s)
- Build new developments
You must submit an approved plan showing the road layouts, plot numbers and suggested house numbers or names for new developments. Where developments include flats, please supply floor plans.
By clicking the ‘Start Button’ below you will be taken to our online application form.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You'll need to tell us your contact details, and the proposed new street or house name or number.
- Check your application meets with the Street naming and Numbering procedure
- Consult Ward Councillors where appropriate
- Consult Royal Mail who may comment on the proposal
You may be asked to provide an alternative if the address/street name is likely to cause confusion.
Once agreed, details will be forwarded to the Emergency Services, Land registry, the Valuation Office and relevant departments of the city council, including Council Tax and Electoral Services.