2. Setting up and using the Alexa skill
Residents of East Devon can now use their Amazon Echo device to find out when their recycling collections are due and much much more.
To use the skill, it needs to be enabled first. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Via the Alexa App on your smart device. The Alexa App can be downloaded free of charge from the Play/Apple store.
- From the Amazon website
- By saying "Alexa, enable East Devon District Council" to your Echo device.
To use some of the skills functions you will need to access the skill settings via the Alexa App.
Once the skill is enabled you can use either the Alexa device or App to ask questions by saying:
Alexa, ask East Devon District Council:
- When is my recycling collected?*
- How do I recycle (item or material)?
- Tell me about the Green Waste collection?
- What can I place in my recycling box?
- What can I place in my green sack?
- How much is a bulky waste collection?
Alexa, tell East Devon District Council:
- My recycling has been missed*
- My recycling box is broken*
- I need a recycling sack*
- I need a new food caddy*
*(requires your address details to be in the Alexa App)
Please remember to use the phrase "ask East Devon District Council" or "tell East Devon District Council" after saying Alexa.