Note: Please remember to place a lid on your box to keep the contents dry
- Cardboard - including brown corrugated cardboard boxes, thin card such as cereal boxes, ready meal sleeves, egg boxes, washing powder boxes and toilet and kitchen roll tubes. Pizza boxes - please remove any food residue.
- Paper, newspapers, magazines, Yellow pages, junk mail (remove from plastic bags), envelopes - no need to remove windows. Please bag up shredded paper to reduce the risk of littering during collection.
- Glass bottles and jars - rinsed with no lids. No other glass items.
- Clothes/shoes - Please bag any textiles/shoes. No mattress protectors. Please do not use black refuse bags.
- Small electrical items - kettles, toasters, irons, old household cables (tied)
- Used household batteries - in clear plastic bags
Please do not place excess recycling out for collection in black refuse bags.
- Plastics – such as yoghurt pots, plastic meat and vegetable trays, margarine and ice cream tubs, and plastic bottles (please squash bottles and leave lids on).
- Cartons/Tetra Paks – such as orange juice cartons, milk and soup Tetra Paks.
- Tins and cans - please rinse and ensure there are no sharp edges. Please include your metal jar and bottle lids.
- Aluminium foil (including trays) - clean and dry please
- Aerosols - empty
No cardboard or glass in the sack please.
Unfortunately we can't take the following
- No plastic film, no polystyrene, no bubble wrap no soft pouches or crisp packets
- Any other plastic items that we do not collect kerbside can be taken to your nearest recycling centre
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Cooked food
- Uncooked food
- Meat and fish (including bones)
- Plate scrapings
- Tea bags and tea/coffee grounds
- Cat and dog food
You can line the caddy with newspaper or single use plastic bags such as carrier bags (not bag for life) or bread bags.
No compostable packaging, animal bedding, animal waste or liquids please
Green waste bin (subscription service)
- Grass cuttings
- Small tree branches (under 10cm thick)
- Loose leaves
- Shrub and hedge trimmings
Black wheeled bin
Your black wheeled bin or gull sack should contain any waste that can't go in the recycling box, bag or food caddy. This can include nappies or incontinence products.
The wheeled bin should not contain garden waste, rubble, hazardous waste or paint. These items may be taken by your local Devon County Council recycling centre. Please call to check with your local centre on 03451551010.
Anything you can't recycle or use which is placed in your black wheeled bin will go to a waste to energy plant. If you are still unsure about an item please call our customer service team on 01395 571515 or email us or visit our contact us page.
Please note that we will only collect waste that is contained within our black wheeled bin or gull sack
For collection, all containers should be placed at the boundary of your property (where it meets the public highway). This is commonly referred to as the kerbside.