Note: Please remember to place a lid on your box to keep the contents dry
- Cardboard - including Brown/corrugated cardboard boxes, thin card such as cereal, ready meal sleeves, egg boxes, washing powder boxes and toilet and kitchen roll tubes. Pizza boxes - please remove any food residue.
- Paper, newspapers, magazines, Yellow pages, junk mail (remove from plastic bags), envelopes - no need to remove windows. Please bag up shredded paper to reduce the risk of littering during collection.
- Glass bottles and jars - rinsed with no lids
- Clothes/shoes - Please bag any textiles/shoes. No mattress protectors. Please do not use black refuse bags.
- Small electrical items - kettles, toasters, irons.
- Used household batteries - in plastic bags
Please do not place excess recycling out for collection in black refuse bags.
- Plastics – such as yoghurt pots, plastic meat and vegetable trays, margarine and ice cream tubs, and plastic bottles (please squash bottles and leave lids on).
- Cartons/Tetra Paks – such as orange juice cartons, milk and soup Tetra Paks.
- Tins and cans - please rinse and ensure there are no sharp edges
- Aluminium foil (including trays) - clean and dry please
- Aerosols - empty
No cardboard or glass in the sack please
- fruit and vegetable peelings
- cooked food
- uncooked food
- meat and fish (including bones)
- plate scrapings
- tea bags and tea/coffee grounds
- cat and dog food
You can line the caddy with newspaper or single use plastic bags such as carrier bags (not bag for life) or bread bags.
No animal bedding, animal waste or liquids please
Black wheeled bin
Your black wheeled bin or gull sack should contain any waste that can't go in the recycling box, bag or food caddy. This can include nappies or incontinence products.
The wheeled bin should not contain garden waste, rubble or hazardous waste. These items may be taken by your local Devon County Council recycling centre. Please call to check with your local centre on 03451551010.
Anything you can't recycle or use which is placed in your black wheeled bin will either go to landfill or a waste to energy plant. If you're unsure please call our customer service team on 01395 571515 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will only collect waste that is contained within our black wheeled bin or gull sack