Adventurous outdoor holiday club for 7-11 year olds, based at Seaton Wetlands. Led by experienced education ranger Penny, each day will be different: learn about wetlands wildlife, make natural crafts, use tools, cook on campfires and play. Morning fruit snack and campfire cooked afternoon snack provided.
How to book:
- To book your child's place, call 01395 517557
- £35 per child per day. Discount if you book on for all five days.
- Contact the Wild East Devon team for enquiries.
Structure of the day:
Morning: structured activities linked to the theme of the day.
Afternoon: natural crafts, games, opportunities to play, campfire cooking for snack time.
Monday to Friday, 2nd to 6th August & 16th to 20th August.
What do we get up to?
Go minibeast hunting and pond dipping and create bug homes to take home.
Take part in building dams, miniature rafts and stream dipping with nets.
Use a map to complete a trail, build dens, make fires and cook on a camp fire.
Each day will include:
- A wildlife discovery or a challenge such as pond or stream dipping, bug hunting, using a map to follow a trail or making mini rafts to sail down the stream.
- Active games
- Crafts using small tools and natural materials (these will be different on each day)
- Cooking an afternoon snack over the campfire
- Time to play, explore or just relax in a hammock
What to bring:
Children will need to bring a water bottle and packed lunch.