Before you apply for Council Tax Support, see how much you might get off your Council Tax bill. 

Use the Online Claim help sheet for tips on completing our application form.

You don't need to complete a full application form if:

  • you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and have had a change in circumstances which means you may now qualify for Council Tax Support as well
  • you have recently applied for Housing Benefit (but not the Housing Element of Universal Credit) via the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service and have been advised you need to claim Council Tax Support from us

instead complete a shortened claim form.

However, if you have recently applied for, or are in receipt of Universal Credit, please complete a full application form using the Start button below. You will need to provide your Universal Credit award letters to support your claim.

We are currently experiencing difficulties with our online claim form.

Please still complete your claim form, but if once you have completed all sections of your form, it fails to submit please contact us as soon as possible. You can email us with your details at or telephone us on 01395 571770 and we will sort this out for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you
and we are working with our software suppliers to resolve this issue.