4. Appendices and other relevant information
Links related Policies/Strategies, Procedures and Legislation
4.1 Related Policies:
- Corporate Strategy
- Homeless Strategy 2019-2023
- Homes and Communities Plan 2017 - 2020
- Corporate Debt Policy 2021 - 2026
- Poverty Strategy 2021
- Section 69-70 of The Child Support, Pensions and Social Security Act 2000.
- The Discretionary Financial Assistance Regulations 2001
- Article 7 of The Discretionary Housing Payment (Grants) Order 2001
- Schedule 1 to the Housing Benefit Regulations 2006 and Schedule 1 to the Housing Benefit (Persons who have attained the qualifying age for state pension credit) Regulations 2006
- Regulation 11(3) of the Housing Benefit Regulations 2006 and Regulation 11(2) of the Housing Benefit (Persons who have attained the qualifying age for state pension credit) Regulations 2006
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- Data Protection Act 1998
Along with details of personal circumstances a personal income and expenditure form will be collected, and evidence of this could be required so that assessment to entitlement can be made. This data will be stored and used in line with the Council’s Data Protection Policy and the Administration of Benefits Privacy notice.
Consultation of this policy has been undertaken with stakeholders such as Citizens Advice East Devon, Housing Associations and East Devon’s Housing Department.
The Service Lead for Revenues, Benefits, Customer Services & Corporate Fraud is the responsible officer for this policy. It will be reviewed in 2026, or earlier if required due to changes in legislation or guidance.