If you are planning to demolish a building or part of a building that is over 50m3, in most circumstances you will need to submit a demolition notice.

When we receive a notice, we will make an assessment of the building that is to be demolished and carry out statutory consultations.

We will then issue you with a Section 81 notice which details any work that you need to carry out in connection with the demolition.

You can submit an application using our online form, or alternatively please telephone us on 01395 517482 or email us at and we will send you a form.

Please note that you should not commence demolition unless we have issued you a notice under Section 81 or at least 6 weeks has passed from the date of submission.