An application must be made for approval under the building regulations in connection with any of the following:
- the erection or extension of a building
- the material alteration of a building
- the provision or extension of a controlled service or fitting in or in connection with a building
- work relating to the material change of use of a building
- work involving the underpinning of a building
- replacement windows
Under Part L of the building regulations, an application may also be required when renovating a thermal element such as the roof, external walls and ground floor.
Please contact us for further advice or have a look at our building control FAQ's.
It may also be helpful to visit the LABC Front Door website for more information about the Building Regulations and which types of work need to be covered by an application.