1. Freedom of Information (FOI) requests information
As we receive a high volume of FOI requests concerning business rated properties in East Devon, we are now providing information for these datasets:
- Full current list – includes property reference, liable name, start of liability, property address, rateable value, property description, empty status
- Accounts in credit
- Accounts with write ons
- List of business rate properties currently in receipt of discounts, reliefs or exemptions
The reports are updated quarterly in April, July, October and January. If you request information between updates, you will be referred to the most recent report - we will not provide individual responses.
Limitations on data
- We are not publishing personal data relating to individuals such as sole traders, partnerships etc.
- The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this may be a leaseholder rather than an owner.
- Account reference numbers are not included as these are personal to the individual account.
You can read more about what we do and do not provide under FOI and how to request it on the Freedom of Information page.