8. Financial information 2017/18
Our future financial plans
Our spending plans 2017/18
The money collected through council tax helps pay for services for approximately 773,000 people in the Devon County Council area.
Treasury management is the management of the local authority’s investments and cash flows, its banking, money market and capital market transactions; the effective control of the risks associated with those activities; and the pursuit of optimum performance consistent with those risks.
The Treasury Management Strategy covers:
- the capital plans (including prudential indicators);
- a minimum revenue provision (MRP) policy (how residual capital expenditure is charged to revenue over time);
- the treasury management strategy (how the investments and borrowings are to be organised) including treasury indicators; and
- an investment strategy (the parameters on how investments are to be managed).
Final accounts for 2017/18
For details of public rights to inspect the 2017/18 accounts see Notice of Audit Inspection 2017/18