9. Financial information 2016/17
Our spending plans 2016/17
The money collected through council tax helps pay for services for approximately 750,000 people in the Devon County Council area.
Parish precepts 2016/17
Council tax is collected by East Devon District Council for a number of local public authorities including Devon County Council, the fire and rescue service and all of the parish and town councils within the district.
Town Councils with budgets over £140,000 - 2016/17
Final accounts for 2016/17
For details of our actual spend in 2016/17 see our
leaflet Revenue and capital outturns 2016/17.
For details of public rights to inspect the 2016/17 accounts see Notice of Audit Inspection 16/17
Statement of accounts 2016/17
Treasury management is the management of the local authority’s investments and cash flows, its banking, money market and capital market transactions; the effective control of the risks associated with those activities; and the pursuit of optimum performance consistent with those risks.
The Treasury Management Strategy covers:
- the capital plans (including prudential indicators);
- a minimum revenue provision (MRP) policy (how residual capital expenditure is charged to revenue over time);
- the treasury management strategy (how the investments and borrowings are to be organised) including treasury indicators; and
- an investment strategy (the parameters on how investments are to be managed).