Policy Whistleblowing policy

Show all parts of this policy

7. External Contacts

If for any reason you do not wish to use the internal arrangements set out above, or require additional support and advice, a list of some of the prescribed people and bodies to whom you can make a disclosure and whose functions have particular relevance to councils work are given below.

• The Certification Officer (www.certoffice.org)

• Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) (www.hmrc.gov.uk)

• Serious Fraud Office Confidential (www.sfo.gov.uk)

• The Health & Safety Executive (www.hse.gov.uk)

• The Environment Agency (www.environment-agency.gov.uk)

• The Food Standards Agency (www.food.gov.uk)

• The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA)  (www.homesandcommunities.co.uk)

• Relevant professional bodies or regulatory organisations

• A solicitor or legal advisor

• The Police

• The Local Government Ombudsman (www.lgo.org.uk)

• The Council’s External Auditors (KPMG)(www.kpmg.com/uk)