Guide Council Tax bands and appeals

Show all parts of this guide

2. Banding appeals

If you think your property is in the wrong band, contact the Valuation Office Agency (VOA): 

If you still disagree with the VOA's decision about your band you may have the right to appeal to an independent valuation tribunal. Time restrictions apply. Contact the Valuation Tribunal Service:

If you do query your band or make an appeal, you still have to pay your Council Tax until your appeal has been resolved. If your appeal is successful, and the band is reduced, we will refund any overpayment you may have made.