Guide Council Tax FAQ

Show all parts of this guide

13. I am experiencing financial hardship and have Council Tax to pay - what can I do?

Council Tax Reduction

If you have lost your employment or have been moved onto reduced hours you may qualify for some help through Council Tax Reduction.

Exceptional Hardship payments

If you are already receiving help through the Council Tax Reduction scheme and see a further drop in income, please first report this change to us as it may be that you qualify for additional help anyway. If you have already done this and need us to consider helping you for a period of time please complete this form.

if you are finding things hard financially our Financial Support and advice pages have ways you can get help