These commitments represent the promises we have made across all our services so that our citizens always receive good service when and how they want.
We regularly review our working practices based on clear performance measures which are designed to tell us what people want and expect from us.
We commit to providing a service that is:
- Accessible in ways that people want.
- Professional, polite, friendly and always helpful.
- Mindful of people’s different needs and specific requirements.
- Considerate of people’s rights to confidentiality, privacy and safety.
When you telephone our offices, we will:
- Answer the phone as quickly as possible; greet you with the name of the service and let you know who you are speaking to.
- Take ownership of the call - answer your enquiry there and then or let you know when we will be able to give you an answer.
- If we pass your call to another area we will introduce your call so our colleague knows why you are calling.
- Make sure voicemail messages are up to date if we cannot answer your call.
When you visit us in person, we will:
- Make you feel welcome.
- Ensure you are not kept waiting too long.
- Let you know if the wait is going to be unreasonable and provide an alternative arrangement.
When you write or e-mail us, we will:
- Acknowledge, signpost or reply to your letter or e-mail normally within 3 days.
- Reply using plain English.
- Identify which officer is dealing with your contact.
When you access our services on-line, we will:
- Make sure that our website and on-line services are easy to use.
- Ensure that all information is current and easy to understand.
- Ensure that any transactions that you make on-line comply with current legislation.
When we visit you at home, we will:
- Always carry identification.
- In most circumstances, always try to make an appointment at a convenient time for both parties and turn up on time.
- Always treat your home with respect.