The community safety partnership will work together to make both East Devon and Mid Devon safe places in which to live, work and visit.
Agencies will work in partnership to reduce incidents of crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour whilst improving public confidence and addressing the fear of crime locally.
The structure of the partnership is similar to that of most others and meets the requirements of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 “to work together to reduce crime, disorder and fear of crime locally, in order to improve quality of life and to create a safer living and working environment”.
Members of the Partnership Steering Group include:
- East Devon District Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Safer Devon Partnership
- NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Community Rehabilitation Company
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, Devon and Cornwall
The Steering Group meets quarterly to monitor, oversee and support the work of the Action and Thematic Groups.