If you wish to make a complaint, or inform us of a concern, about a premises licensed for animals there are different people you should contact depending on the complaint.  

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a quality or service complaint you write to the trader first.  If that is not successful, you could contact Consumer Direct who will give you advice. 

Complaint about a premises

Please contact our environmental health service by telephone or email if you want to tell us about an issue with a licensed premises for animals.

If you feel that a premises is not operating in the right way or the premises is not suitable for the safety of the animals or the protection of the public you can tell us about this. 

Please report concerns about a licensed premises either on-line or by contacting the environmental health team by phone 01395 571517, or email