4. Previously funded applications
Decisions on Community Buildings Fund applications are made by our Community Fund Panel of Councillors:
- Recent Agendas and Minutes from the Community Fund Panel, including details of applications received and decisions made.
In 2020/2021 successful applications so far are:
- West Hill Royal British Legion Hall will receive £5,000 to help them create a new kitchen. This will enable the Legion, groups that meet there regularly and other hirers to prepare and cook food on the premises, which isn’t currently possible.
- Exton Village Hall will receive £2,567.76 to help provide the audio and sound system with a hearing loop, which users of the hall have asked for.
- Colyford Memorial Hall was granted £4611.68 to help replace their floor, which is beyond further repair.
- Newton Poppleford Pavilion was granted £2,000 to pay towards replacing their windows, door and other woodwork, some of which is rotten. This project will help make the hall more energy efficient and secure.
- Beer Albion Football Club will receive £3,500 to help pay for a viewing area for sports activities, community events and for private hire events.
In 2019/2020 successful applications were:
- Awliscombe Village Hall will receive £5,000 to help pay for much needed improvements to the ladies and gents toilets, replacing fibre board ceilings and improvements to lighting, and creating a large storage cupboard. These improvements will make the hall more sustainable.
- Payhembury Village Hall will receive £5,000 to help pay for a new kitchen with appliances and new storage. The local community and users of the hall asked for these improvements.
- £5,000 to Monkton Village Hall to help pay for a new kitchen and toilets amongst other works.
- £1,875 to Uplyme Village Hall to help pay for kitchen improvements.
- £1,500 to Yarcombe Village Hall to help them renew their fire escape access.
In 2018/2019 successful applications were:
- £5,000 to Monkton Village Hall to help pay for a new kitchen and toilets and to remedy damp issues.
- £1,848 to Stockland Victory Hall to help replace the cladding on the front of the hall to resolve damp issues.
- £1,875.06 to Uplyme Village Hall to help pay for kitchen improvements.
- £1,000 to Colyton Library to help pay for and fit solar energy panels to significantly reduce running costs.
- £4,561.17 to Kilmington Village Hall to help pay for them to replace the wooden supports carrying the roof, and the windows.
- £1,500 to Yarcombe Village Hall to help renew their fire escape.
- £5,000 to Bicton Recreation Room to help them pay for a complete overhaul of the building.