We would expect the affordable housing on most developments to be a minimum of 70 per cent rented, as the greatest need is in this group of households with low income, with the remaining 30 per cent being an intermediate form of affordable housing. More information on this can be found on our planning pages.

If only one dwelling is to be provided on-site we would prefer to see a rented dwelling. Where a registered provider is not interested in buying the affordable unit, the Council may be interested in buying the unit to add to our housing stock. Please contact us at to discuss the proposal further. If it is not possible to provide a rented affordable unit on-site we will consider a form of intermediate housing.