East Devon District Council works in partnership with the other local Councils in Devon, Devon County Council, and Young Devon to provide support for care leavers.

Young people can access housing advice through Young Devon:

Care leavers can access specific advice on leaving care through Devon Children in Care Council’s website:

Devon County Council’s Children’s Services team is responsible for finding you somewhere to live until you turn 18.

If you are a care leaver you are able to get help with housing from East Devon District Council, and can access the Housing Options Service. The help you get mainly depends on your age, as Devon County Council still retains some responsibilities to support you from ages 16 – 21. If you are a care leaver in education or training, support can continue until your 25th birthday.

If you are an 18, 19 or 20 year old homeless care leaver (or are threatened with homelessness), East Devon District Council’s Housing Options Service can help.