Guide Improvements and adaptations

Show all parts of this guide

3. Am I able to make alterations to my council homes

If you're on an introductory tenancy you don't have the right to make improvements to your home.

If you have a secure tenancy you can carry out alterations or improvements but you must ask for our written consent before doing so.

If you have a flexible tenancy you do not have a statutory right to make alterations but we may allow certain alterations or improvements to be made if you write to us requesting permission before doing the work.

Please contact us for further information.