Guide All you need to know about rental and service charges

Show all parts of this guide

4. Service Charges

Depending on the type of property you live in, you may have to pay additional service charges.

Tenants living in sheltered housing

If you live in sheltered accommodation you will have to pay the relevant support charges.

Tenants in blocks of flats with a communal gas boiler

If you live in a block of flats with a communal gas boiler, you may pay a service charge for heating and hot water. The service costs are reviewed on an annual basis and are non-profitable. The annual cost is then divided equally between all the tenants living in that block.

Water and sewage charges

We have some properties where there is a weekly charge for sewage and a few properties with a charge for water and sewage. Some of these sewage schemes will be adopted by South West Water in the near future and the charge will be removed from the rent at that time. These charges are also reviewed annually and the costs are divided equally between all service users.