All premises selling or supplying alcohol (except for members clubs and certain community premises) must have a designated premises supervisor (DPS) who will be named on their premises licence. The DPS is responsible for authorising the alcohol sales.

There are however likely to be times when the DPS will not be on the premises when alcohol is being sold.  For that reason we strongly suggest that the DPS authorises, in writing, members of staff to sell alcohol in their absence.  


We have two forms that you can complete:

One is for the DPS to fill in and sign authorising named members of staff to sell or supply alcohol (DPSA01).

The other is for the named staff to sign to confirm that they are aware of this and accept their responsibilities (ASA01).

You can request these forms by emailing licensing@eastdevon.gov.uk.

The DPS and members of staff should be aware of the responsibilities of the DPS, details of the premises licence and the social and legal obligations and responsibilities relating to the sale of alcohol.