Not all development needs consent from us, as legislation gives permission for certain works and changes of use. This is commonly called 'permitted development'.

You could check whether the work that you are concerned about needs specific permission by going to the Planning Portal website. This site provides information about permitted development rights, which includes interactive guides to common projects. This information can be accessed here.