Guide Freedom of Information Request guide

Show all parts of this guide

3. How can you access information held by the Council?

The council already has a policy of making general information available on request.  This policy will continue.  The Freedom of Information Act provides additional methods by which you can obtain information from the council.  These are:

  • The Publication Scheme.  This scheme is a signpost to where you can find information that the council makes publicly available.  It sets out what information the council publishes and how and when it publishes information.  Every entry lists how the information is available.
  • Requests submitted in the last 2 years
  • Individual Access Requests.  If the information you want is not in the Publication Scheme or published on the website, you may submit an Individual Access Request to the council to obtain it, subject to some exemptions.  The Freedom of Information Act requires these requests to be made in writing. To do this you can submit your request via our online request form, in an email to or by letter to:

Freedom of Information Officer
East Devon District Council
Blackdown House, Border Road
Heathpark Industrial Estate
EX14 1EJ