Do your benefits fail to cover your full rent? As long as you receive housing benefits or the housing cost element of Universal Credit, you can apply for financial help below.

Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.

DHP is normally only paid for a limited period. You can find out more in our DHP policy

We cannot pay DHPs:

  • for service charges not covered by Housing Benefit or Universal Credit
  • when your Housing Benefit or Universal Credit payments are suspended
  • to cover a shortfall that is caused by the recovery of an overpayment of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit

If you also have a shortfall between your Council Tax and Council Tax Reduction, you can apply for an Exceptional Hardship Fund payment (EHF) on the same form.

Data Protection

Find out about our Privacy Notices and how we will use information about you