Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.

  • If you are from one of the countries listed below* you can claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction unless the Home Office say that you are to leave the UK, or if you are not judged to be habitually resident

Government guidance on the Habitual Residency Test - a test based on how long you have lived in the UK and your future plans - is available in the Housing section under Annexe 1 of their website.

*Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland & United Kingdom (UK).

  • EEA nationals who are awarded Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) on or after 1 April 2014 cannot claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction unless the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) consider them to have retained 'worker status'.  Worker status is unlikely to last more than six months after which time Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction will end.

Data Protection

Find out about our Privacy Notices and how we will use information about you