Guide Universal Credit Information

Show all parts of this guide

3. When you can still claim Housing Benefit

If you are working age and need help with rent payments you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit (UC) unless you fall into one of the following categories when you can still claim Housing Benefit:

  • you live in specified accommodation where care, support and supervision are provided or
  • you have reached pension age, you can check whether this applies to you by clicking on the link to the state pension age calculator; or
  • you are homeless and we have placed you in temporary accommodation.