4. How to claim Universal Credit
To claim Universal Credit you have to apply online at GOV.UK. There are no paper forms.
Before making a claim, please have the following information ready:
- your postcode
- your National Insurance number
- details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
- your tenancy agreement (if you have one)
- details of your savings or other capital
- details of any income that’s not from work (e.g. from an insurance plan)
- details of any other benefits you’re getting
You might also need these details for people who live in your home, e.g. your partner.