9. Bereavement Service fees
- For the interment of the body of a still born child or a child whose age at the time of death did not exceed 16 years: nil
- For the interment of the body of a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years (different fee applies to a woodland burial plot): £491
- For the interment in a woodland burial plot of the body of a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years: £870
- For the interment of cremated remains: £143
- For the scattering of cremated remains, Sidmouth and Seaton cemeteries only: £102
when you have the ashes of a loved one scattered in Seaton cemetery you will also need to have a plaque put on the memorial wall in the Garden of Rest.
- Memorial plaque: £198
With the exception of ashes interments, we don't undertake the digging of graves. The funeral director of the person having charge of the funeral must contract the services of a suitably qualified gravedigger and be responsible for paying their fees.
Exclusive rights of burial in earthen graves
Exclusive right of burial to be for a period of 50 years
- For the exclusive right of burial for a stillborn child or a child whose age at the time of death did not exceed 16 years in a child's grave: nil
- For the exclusive right of burial for a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years in a grave size 9ft x 4ft: £870
- For the exclusive right of burial in an ashes plot for a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years
- ashes plot x 2: £205
Monuments, gravestones, tablets and monumental inscriptions
Only a headstone, which must be of a prescribed design, may be erected in Seaton cemetery for the right to erect or place on a grave in respect of which the exclusive right of burial has been granted.
- a headstone not exceeding 4ft in height and 3ft in width: £174
- a flat stone not exceeding 7ft x 3ft: £174
- a footstone not exceeding 1ft in height: £174
- kerbstones or border stones not exceeding 7ft x 3ft (not at Seaton: £174
- vase (not at Seaton): £82
- tablet on any grave (not at Seaton) or in Sidmouth chapel: £82
- for each additional inscription: £82
- for the erection of a plaque on the wall in the garden of rest in Sidmouth or Seaton cemetery (inclusive of value added tax): £198
Searches in registers
- Every search (other than personal searches which are free): £31
- Every certified copy of any entry or burial in the register books: £17.50
- for every service held in the chapel: £123
The fees set out above are double where:
At the time of death or immediately before death the deceased was not resident in the district
The exclusive rights to a grave are purchased by someone who is not resident in East Devon at the time of purchase.