Before using our online form, please read the guidance notes relating to submitting a full plans building control application.
Please contact us to request a fee quote.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Where the proposed work includes the erection or a new building or an extension to an existing building, your application should be accompanied by a site location plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250, showing :
- The size and position of the building, or the building as extended, and its relationship to the adjoining boundaries.
- The boundaries or the curtilage of the building, or the building as extended, and the size, position and use of every other building or proposed building within that cartilage.
- The width and position of any street on or within the boundaries of the curtilage of the building or the building as extended.
- Where it is proposed to erect the building or extension over a sewer or drain, the precautions to be taken in building over the sewer or drain.
- Plans (existing and proposed) and specifications showing the extent of your proposal.
Once your application has been validated, you will be sent an acceptance letter by email, and your file will be passed to a Building Control Surveyor for plan-checking. The surveyor will contact you with a list of any additional information that is required to be able to make a decision. A decision notice will be issued once the surveyor has fully checked the plans and is happy with the information provided, or the plan check deadline is reached, whichever is first.
Once the application has been validated, you may be able to start work on site and book your inspections, but please contact us for advice if you are planning to start work before the plans have been approved. It may be worth noting that any work that is carried out prior to the decision notice being issued is at your own risk.
If you don't wish to use our online form, you can telephone us on 01395 517482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application pack.