4. East Devon District Council’s response to poverty to date
The Council is committed to tackling poverty in the district. For some years the Council has produced policies, which aim to:
- improve the standard of living and daily lives of residents in East Devon who are experiencing poverty; and
- help alleviate issues that can lead households on low incomes to experience financial pressures.
The Council has stated that it wants to ensure that:
- Nobody should get into poverty without immediate help from EDDC
- Nobody should be in involuntary poverty longer than 2 years in East Devon
This will be achieved through collaborative working and effective relationships with partners.