Premises licences that include the sale of alcohol must name a person to be the designated premises supervisor (DPS). The DPS will be responsible for authorising the alcohol sales at the premises.

To be able to act as DPS they must hold a personal licence.

This means that when an application is made for a new premises licence or to change the DPS named on an existing licence the proposed DPS must give their consent to this.

How to give consent

The DPS will need to complete this part of the application. 

There are certain responsibilities when acting as a DPS. This means that before you can be named as DPS on a premises licence you'll need to give your consent and agree to this.

You can do this online.

Data Protection

Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of the licensing service to process the application for a new premises licence or application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as DPS and administer any related premises licence which is granted.  Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions.  Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.  Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.  There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing.  Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant privacy notice