1. Donate a memorial bench and plaque
All sites are currently allocated. We're sorry but no further commissions can be taken at present. but you can still join a waiting list.
Please note, we can only place memorial seats on land owned by us and where there is an available space, for example parks, green spaces and esplanades. For seats in other villages and communities, please contact the appropriate town or parish council.
Leasing and seat options
Recycled plastic seats are long lasting and an excellent use of material which would otherwise end up as landfill.
The plaques used on recycled plastic seats is made from engraved stainless steel which suits the more modern style. Styles of seat vary depending on which location you choose with details on application.
We can offer a seat for a period of 10 years for a fee outlined below. This would either be on an exclusive basis or shared with up to 2 other family’s plaques. This includes a provision of a plaque, securing on site.
Additional plaques (only on exclusive use benches), or replacement plaques will be charged per plaque.
- New seat (including plaque and concrete base if required, exclusive use) costs £1142.00 for a period of 10 years
- New seat (including plaque and concrete base if required, shared with up to 2 other families) costs £500.00 for a period of 10 years.
- Any additional or replacement plaques cost £87.00 (for the remainder of the period).
- New seat (including plaque and concrete base if required, exclusive use) costs £1260.00 for a period of 10 years
- New seat (including plaque and concrete base if required, shared with up to 2 other families) costs £550.00 for a period of 10 years.
- Any additional or replacement plaques cost £90.00 (for the remainder of the period).
Requests for minor bench repairs or staining will be charged at £100.00 per bench. Plaque touch up will be charged at £20.00 per plaque.
Memorial plaques/seats requested for a cemetery will be subject to VAT.
The older wooden benches were placed before the start of our scheme and have no time limit on them, but if the bench is damaged beyond repair, the council will remove it and will inform the donor of this. There is no right to a free replacement and we do not hold insurance cover for the damage, loss or destruction of benches.