Guide Volunteering with Parks and Gardens & Creating a Friends Group

Show all parts of this guide

8. Insurance


Insurance for volunteers and Friends group members carrying out a range of unsupervised activities in the Council’s green spaces is not the responsibility of the Council, so if your group intends to carry out practical tasks by members with a range of abilities, and hold events on East Devon District Council’s land, the group will need to arrange public liability insurance (PLI), which covers accidents to the public onsite. You may also need insurance to ensure that all tools and storage facilities are covered for loss or theft. Insurance can be obtained from any reputable Broker or Insurer who will provide advice as to the necessary requirements to best protect the insurance exposure of the group.

When this content has been updated

Last updated 20 September 2022