Before you apply, have you:
Start the journey
More info about the journey
These documents and plans are required to submit you application.
- Completed form (two in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically)
- A plan identifying the land to which the application relates drawn to an identified scale and showing the direction of North (four in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically)
- Such evidence verifying the information included in the application as can be provided
- Such other information as is considered to be relevant to the application
- The appropriate fee
Local requirements - may include some or all of the following
- Plans (four in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically).
- Up to date location plan at a scale of 1/1250 with the site edged in red
- Existing elevations (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing floor plans (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing site survey plan (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Supporting information (for example, sworn affidavit(s) from people with personal knowledge of the existing use) including relevant uses, times and dates of such use or when development took place. Receipts of work undertaken or services provided, statement of grounds on which the certificate Is sought.
- Photographs/photomontages and aerial photos, if available.
- Where the application concerns the use of a building a floor plan of the existing layout clearly showing which part of the building is the subject of the application.
Your application comes back to us to decide if you can go ahead. We'll look at how it affects the local area, the environment and other people. WE will usually tell you our decision within six to eight weeks.